Monday, July 12, 2010

Fluky


The day after my 26th birthday was scheduled for my monthly credit card bill payment.

Woke up from heat and heavy sweating due to the power shortage that occurs everyday for 2 hours or so in our place. They termed that "rotating block-out" since to conserve energy, the power providers have taken it upon themselves to cut the supply of electricity for a couple of ours in different places everyday. And may I say that's just a brilliant idea!

Anyhow, I was still a little bit inebriate from last night's drinking but forced to get my butt off my bed and bathed. After all, it was already 10 in the morning.

I traveled 2 hours from home to the city with a cousin and went on to the bank to pay my tab.

Since I don't have much money to splurge, I just went to a nearby mall and ate. After, I decided to go home. Hailed a bus, seated myself comfortably once i was inside and thought that was all for the day. Boring and unproductive.

Until the bus stopped to pick up some more passengers and a young guy, about 19 or 20 of age, sat beside me. He was kinda cute but i resolved to ignore him and fixed my sight outside the small bus window. After a few, i got this uneasy feeling. On my left side, i felt like a pair of eyes is staring at me. I made sure it was true by facing the guy to my left and indeed, he was staring at me. He smirked when our eyes locked and slightly touched my hand while pretending to be scratching his legs.

Since I was trying to live a virginal life, I looked away. I can feel that his eyes were still fixed on me though. I was starting to get conscious and as i always do when i am, wet my dry lips with my tongue. I heard him let out a low but audible moan and then laughed. I wasn't able to hold it anymore. I gestured to feel my bag that's on my lap intentionally brushing his legs in the process. After that, i positioned my hand on my lap, looked at him and looked down on my hands making sure he was following where i was looking. I saw him smile once more and i looked away again. Only this time, my eyes widened as i felt a hand held my left hand that was sitting on my lap. I made a poker face and looked down. It was his hand holding mine. I wanted to stop him but i didn't object. I didn't have the strength to withdraw my hands from his grip. I wanted it. I liked it.

Mindful of the people around that might see what's going on, he covered the locked fingers with his bag. I looked at him again. I looked back. I smiled. He did too.

I was trying to process what was going on but I ended up telling myself "what the F*CK!". I better stop analyzing things and just enjoy this amorphous thing that's happening.

Surprisingly, after what seemed to be seconds he took his hand away and placed it inside his pockets. Took his wallet and got some bills, knocked the steel bar in front of his seat with a coin and the bus stopped. I was glued to my seat. Speechless. Wanting more... but i was just dumbfounded. Astonished of the fact that it just happened so fast. He got off the bus and stood beside the road as if waiting for the bus to leave before he walks away. I kept my eyes outside and as the bus went on, I saw him on the bus window. Standing still. Looking up. I looked down at him and smiled. He flashed his teeth and winked at me.

That was it. It was a short but sweet encounter. Too bad i wasn't able to ask for his number or gave him my digits. But there's always a next time. I'll get ready for the next random encounter.

It's been 6 hours since I go home. But I'm still gleeful from the precipitous event on that homeward-bound bus ride.

3 comments:

  1. by the way, I've added you up in my blogroll. Hope you wouldn't mind. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi doy... thanks! I've created a new blogger account though. hope u can visit http://clandestineplanet84.blogspot.com/

    take care...

    ReplyDelete