Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Deviation



Yeah.. yeah.. yeah.. I promised myself yesterday that I would start the action today and look for job openings. I know!

My day started quite right. I prepared my resume, cover letter, TOR and other documents. I was 'bout ready to print them but here's the news: THERE WAS YET AGAIN ANOTHER POWER SHORTAGE. And I'm not making excuses. There really was. It lasted for over 2 hours and it really got me worried because my cousin and I agreed to leave for the city at 1 in the afternoon. It was passed 12 when the electric supply came back.Ever got that feeling when you were so into something and then there's destruction and after, you're finding it difficult to continue what you have passionately started? Well, I felt that! And even with the power back, I resolved to just saving the documents in my e-mail draft and planned to print in when we would be in the city.

So there we were, me and my cousin, at around 3 0'clock inside SM mall. We raced to the restrooms to unload the bodily liquid that were stocked in our kidneys while on the road. Next, we bought bread at "French baker" and decided to check out the movie schedules. And you know what happened next.

Instead of submitting resumes to companies we were interested to work in, we found ourselves handling our movie tickets to the lady in front of cinema 2. Sadly, the movie that we agreed to watch was released a couple of weeks ago- Eclipse. We were kinda losers. We didn't make it to the first day of showing as planned since my cousin took the the board exams for nursing. After that, there's procrastination. But we finally made it today. Congratulations to us for being such dubs!

Anywho, there were some really good parts in the movie. The fight scenes had me gripping on the arms of my chair. But it was Angela's graduation speech that really got me. I'm mellow-dramatic right now with all this life transition going on, being jobless, unclear life plans, frustrations for unattained goals, insecurities and whatnot. I'm still wallowing in it but the speech kinda help me take a step forward. Let me share it-



Angela’s Graduation Speech (Eclipse)
"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were thing like astronaut, president, or in my case… princess.

When we were ten, they asked again and we answered – rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we’ve grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how ’bout this: who the hell knows?!

This isn’t the time to make hard and fast decisions, its time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love – a lot. Major in philosophy ’cause there’s no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent.

So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be… we won’t have to guess. We’ll know."

1 comment:

  1. That graduation speech was the only sensible thing that happened in the film. The rest was blah.

    ReplyDelete